Friday, June 27

Behold, I am bringing a flood of water upon the earth.

So my study on nature and creation has taken me on a field trip. To Cedar Rapids IA, (it's been tagged a natural disaster area), to help with the flood clean up. An interesting perspective on the nature of nature, to be found here. Especially for 25,000 people who now have no homes. The yet unofficial, lateset word on the street is that FEMA(national disaster relief) has only been to two disaster sites of higher magnitute than this: Katrina and 9.11. They anticipated a foot of residential flooding. They got 10 feet. But as you can see, it's still as beautiful as ever here. More to come later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

rachy pooh, i did not know you were in IA?! How long are you there for?? Nice work lady...enjoy your creation nature studys!

loves.

Anonymous said...

Hello my creation geek friend:) gotta love ya.

I just saw The Happening...loved it...you did right?

jimkastkeat said...

you're in IA?!

I grew up there. I remember when it flooded when I was a kid. It totally changed a golf course near my house!

The mighty Mississippi!