Thursday, May 29

Danni, Rachel, Josh... waiting for the bus to Selbourn. It never came. Jane Austin's house in Chawton! Jane's Church. The front was built in the 11th century. Mrs. Elizabeth Austin and Cassandra's graves. (Jane's mum and sister) We walked a 100,000 miles today (i have a new favorite hatred... stinging nettles, i'll kill them all) and looked at the map only once, or twice or 82 times.
So we went to Jan'es house today. And it took 100 hours. And we had no idea it would. And we came back muddy and tired and sunburned and full of Strongbow Cider and English cany which we bought on the way home. Though we deserved it. So, that was nice. Umm... normal day here: Breakfast 8am, tea, work till 11, tea, work till 1, tea, lunch, tea, and discussion (yesterday was about nudism), tea, study till 4, tea, study till 630, dinner all together and discussion, lecture or nothing, tea, tea, tea, fires and more discussion. Come to think of it all we really ever do is drink tea and discuss. Drink tea!. There's lots of tea.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Rachel...I HATE my own guts for not being available when you called! I was in charge of Cele's retirement party and my phone was in my purse on silent in my closet in my classroom the whole time. Did you already change your ticket? I can't believe you are coming home early. I have to teach tomorrow (obviously) but my phone will be on LOUD every second besides that. You can call before school if you want. I'll be available by 6:30 am.

Anthony Chase said...

Why wasn't I at the lunch table that discussed nudism. That would've been some jolly fun. I bet I was at a table talking about Revelations or something headache inducing like that...