Monday, May 26

Made It.

I'm here at The Manor House. There are bout 10 students who have arrived today for the beginning of this term, which ends in August. Only three girls, so far. It took me two planes, two trains and two miles of walking. I met up with another student walking from the train station. Micheal, he's from the center of England. He is studying architecture. So we walked the soggy, muddy two miles together. It's lovely here. Most of you know hoe I love rain and clouds, so it's perfect weather right about now. We arrived with soaked pants and shoes and socks. A staff member promptly sat me down in front of the fireplace to dry out. Then I went to bed. Slept for a few hours. Dinner at the house next door. All at one big table. Four students from the US, one from Michigan, Kalamazoo, Anthony. More student arrive as the week goes by. ---- Dr. Haman asks the question, "On a scale of 1-10, how well do you feel you're beginning this new journey?" I think about an 8. It's so remarkably beautiful here, it's like a fairytale. We went for a walk down Church Lane. It was like a movie. Everything looks like The Holiday. We are taking coffee in the sitting room now. I'll stop in for awhile and then probably get back to bed. Still feeling congested and not 100%.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Rachel Ann. I love your guts. I am very glad you made it...even if you were a bit damp (now that you are in England, we have to say more things like "a bit damp". It sounds very proper and english.) Please don't forget about that new camera of yours and take a million pictures of yourself in Holiday land. I know that's not really the point of your trip, but....

Anyway. Keep sleeping and feel better soon. We missed you at the graduation party. Everyone is excited for you and says have a great time!

Me and Amanda laid in our respective hammocks today (yes I bought one too) and thought of you and missed you!

Love ya,
~Katie

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

Yes!

Anonymous said...

hey love! I am so happy to hear you are there safely! Keep blogging, b/c I love hearing what is going on! much love.

Evonne said...

hi there friend!!! sounds like a great trip so far!!! i hope you feel better soon! miss ya!!!