Wednesday, May 28

5.27.08

So here are the questions. If any of you happen to have figured them out, please, don’t hesitate to comment with the answers. What happened to nature (all none human creation) when humanity fell and was expelled from the Garden? How is, or, is nature responding to humanity because of this? What happened to the order which God created in the beginning because of the fall? Why does any of this matter? I have a suspicion that what happened to nature is not exactly the same as what happened to humanity. We have some literal Biblical witness which talks about the current state of nature and we have some narrative Biblical witness which points to this as well. I guess that’s where I’ll start. I have several books with me and the library here is full of books and lectures which I will sift through eventually. I think the most compelling way to go is to begin with the account of creation. There is Genesis, but perhaps other accounts as well: C. S. Lewis, The Magician’s Nephew, for example, the Psalms. I’ll give it a few days.

No comments: